Cover for Loss or Damage due to Strike, Riot and Civil Commotion (SRCC)
It is agreed and understood that otherwise subject to the terms, exclu¬sions, provisions and conditions contained in the Policy or endorsed thereon, and subject to the Insured having paid the agreed extra premium, this Policy shall be extended to cover loss or damage due to strike, riot and civil commotion which for the purpose of this Endorsement shall mean (subject always to the Special Conditions hereinafter contained) loss of or damage to the property insured directly caused by
1. the act of any person taking part together with others in any disturbance of the public peace (whether in connection with a strike or lock-out or not) not being an occurrence mentioned in condition 2 of the Special Condi¬tions hereof,
2. the action of any lawfully constituted authority in suppressing or attempting to suppress any such disturbance or in minimizing the conse¬quences of any such disturbance,
3. the wilful act of any striker or locked-out worker performed in further¬ance of a strike or in resistance to a lock-out,
4. the action of any lawfully constituted authority in preventing or attempt¬ing to prevent any such act or in minimizing the consequences of any such act.
provided that it is hereby further expressly agreed and declared that
1. all the terms, exclusions, provisions and conditions of the Policy shall apply in all respects to the insurance granted by this extension save in so far as the same are expressly varied by the following Special Conditions, and any reference to loss or damage in the wording of the Policy shall be deemed to include the perils hereby insured against,
2. the following Special Conditions shall apply only to the insurance granted by this extension, and the wording of the Policy shall apply in all respects to the insurance granted by the Policy as if this Endorsement had not been made thereon.
1. This insurance shall not cover
a) loss or damage resulting from total or partial cessation of work or the retarding, interruption or cessation of any process or operation,
b) loss or damage occasioned by permanent or temporary dispossession resulting from confiscation, commandeering or requisition by any lawfully constituted authority,
c) loss or damage occasioned by permanent or temporary dispossession of any building resulting from the unlawful occupation by any person of such building,
d) consequential loss or liability of any kind or description, any payments over and above the indemnity for the material damage as provided herein
provided nevertheless that the Insurers are not relieved under b) or c) above of any liability to the Insured in respect of physical damage to the property insured occurring before dispossession or during temporary dispossession.
2. This insurance shall not cover any loss or damage occasioned by or through or in consequence, directly or indirectly, of any of the following occurrences, namely
a) war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war,
b) mutiny, civil commotion assuming the proportion of or amounting to a popular rising, military rising, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, military or usurped power,
c) any act of any person acting on behalf of or in connection with any or¬ganization with activities directed toward the overthrow by force of the government de jure or de facto or to the influencing of it by terrorism or violence.
In any action, suit or other proceeding, where the Insurers allege that by reason of the provisions of this condition any loss or damage is not cov-ered by this insurance, the burden of proving that such loss or damage is covered shall be upon the Insured.
3. This insurance may at any time be terminated by the Insurers on notice to that effect being given by registered post at the Insured's last known ad¬dress, in which case the Insurers shall be liable to repay a rateable pro¬portion of the premium for the unexpired term from the date of termination.
4. The limit of indemnity any one occurrence as stated below shall be un¬derstood to limit the indemnity for all loss or damage covered by this En¬dorsement during a consecutive period of 168 hours.
The aggregate liability of the Insurers during the period of cover of this Pol¬icy shall be limited by twice the limit of indemnity any one occurrence.
Limit of Indemnity : any one occurrence
Deductible : any one occurrence
Extra premium :